SHANE

It began as a blog about completing a thesis, it became a blog about everything but completing a thesis, it ended with a complete thesis.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Education?

Ken just called.

Ken: Still on for the weekend?
Shane: Yep, should be fine. I'm fancying lower league football.
Ken: Okay-. Hold on a minute, I've got TimeOut here (pause for muffled leafing through magazine, muffled swearing). Oh, superb - you beauty!
Shane: Where?!
Ken: Barnet!
Shane: (sharp intake of breath)
Ken: Versus Rushden and Diamonds.
Shane: Fantastic.
Ken: Guaranteed classic.
Shane: Well-spotted Kenneth, well-spotted. And what else will old London town have in store for us?
Ken: A play.
Shane: Which play? (excitedly) The History Boys?
Ken: No, that's finished. Something at the Pleasance - to do with education - your sort of thing.
Shane: Er-, I don't think I'll be up for anything too heavy.
Ken: It'll be ok.
Shane: So what's it called?
Ken: I've sent you a link.
Shane: Good man.
Ken: The review is luke-warm, but we'll make up our own minds.
Shane: Right.

Upon opening the link and first reading the title of the play, I dropped a whole fig roll into my earl grey.

Well, you would, wouldn't you.

Though it does sound quite tame - damn Kenneth, damn him.