SHANE

It began as a blog about completing a thesis, it became a blog about everything but completing a thesis, it ended with a complete thesis.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

I, Flusterer?...

Barton is overcast. Some young scoundrels have just passed the chateau. One scoundrel was bouncing a ball – a sure sign of imminent criminal behaviour.

*****

How flattering to read of my last post having the potential to ‘fluster’. Whilst the thought of adopting a new guise and joining the erotic blography (nice word) club had previously occurred to me, I shall be refraining from that – the erotic blog ‘scene’ appears much too dull, and besides, anything that is computer-based has an immediately diluted ‘edge’ – for me at least. The apparent backwardness in my sex-orientated witterings is somewhat disingenuous. If you will forgive this moment of ‘bigging myself up’, I can story well in the triple-x department – when the person and the place is right. There is merely awkwardness about doing ‘open’ here. All that said, private commissions could be doable - a ridiculous one to ponder? Perhaps.

*****

Emmawards, we spoke again yesterday and it seems that she and Ed are maturely talking over the process of their split. Not only do they have young Alex to consider, but there is also a shared house – they continue to live together (a bit spooky), and a share in another property. Anticipating my potential to think about such things far too much, Emma pointed out:

Emma: Although you and I getting together in FarNorthCity hurried along the split between Ed and me, I want you to understand that we’re not splitting because of you – we were bound to split anyway – and we both knew that – so don’t go thinking that you’re some kind of home-wrecker or whatever.
Shane: Yeah, I know. But you have to also understand that as you keep me up to speed on what’s happening, I’m going to be imagining most of this from Ed’s perspective.
Emma: That’s fine, I can imagine that happening – but remember that you and Ed are really very different.
Shane: Mm, ok. (Pause) When will I next see you?
Emma: (laughter) And why would you want to see me?
(Suggestive talk and the arrangement of an actual ‘date’ for this Friday followed. On the home front, her line will be that she’s going out with a friend from work – not inaccurate.)

*****

On the thesis front (what a turn-off!), had a good supervision on Monday afternoon, in which there was talk of external examiners, and some useful feedback re my not being a whore to any one discipline. Presently, I’m constructing an argument that explains why I shall do what I did - and they refer to this as ‘contributing to knowledge’.

*****

The dear people at Blogger Support have come up trumpless in terms of advice re my southerly sidebar. Thus, it appears that I’ll have to turn to quickly learning some basic html – gulp!