SHANE

It began as a blog about completing a thesis, it became a blog about everything but completing a thesis, it ended with a complete thesis.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Dicing with a shepherdess

Here in Barton we do not believe that one good turn equates to a good dance routine.

Had an interesting moment late yesterday as a much-respected blogger proffered a position in relation to my 'prospective activity'. Reminded me of The Dice Man - a book that I happened to tire of, though an old friend enjoyed it. As did some other people I imagine. Anyway, the idea of living life by the decree of comment-posters was quite amusing. Then horrifying. Reminded also of the oddly directive quality of the 'Michele' blog - must seem slightly freaky when the flock of Michele 'activists' are herded upon a blog at her request, to depart having left their 'Michele' calling card. Odd. Strangely admirable too. Still very much odd though.

Anyway, I began working today with a list of 11 things-to-do. I have struck just 2 things from the list. The remaining 9 will take me through the weekend. That is most perturbing.

I have a headache. And a clementine. And a cup of earl grey. The sun is peeping through the clouds.