SHANE

It began as a blog about completing a thesis, it became a blog about everything but completing a thesis, it ended with a complete thesis.

Monday, January 24, 2005

"Come here boy" - a matter of interpretation?

Over in the big city tomorrow afternoon, meeting with main supervisor. Bit spooked about that - I know, silly of me to feel like that - but why? - well, she hath the potential to proffer a look that says "Oh dear", "Will this PhD ever be finished?" or "That's good - keep going yeah?!". Hard to say which it'll be. Despite that trepidation, earlier today I did manage to get through a small re-writing 'wall' that had been troublesome.

Otherly, had sympathy for Scottish Dave. Seems that his fears re his latest school placement are coming (no pun intended) into being. A kid at the school was caught "choking the chicken" (Dave's term). That was during a lesson. Who? What? Why? What? But? What? All these questions pour forth. Maybe it was a simple misplaced preventative health measure, and thus, maybe all the other kids are irresponsible for not following this particular choker's lead. Fair to say I'm not feeling drawn to teaching. Also heard from a couple of pals who I hear from only rarely - one is at risk of maturing into a terminal bore - I must warn her of this, the other is so loaded with neuroses that she remains quite safe.

Finally, nominations were announced today for the bloggies awards. I'm sure it's only a matter of decades before this comes to being a highly significant socio-cultural moment in the Barton calendar. I'm unfamiliar with most of those nominated, but will be giving each a quick skim before voting. I suggest you do the same.

If you have been, then wipe! Honestly. Some people.