SHANE

It began as a blog about completing a thesis, it became a blog about everything but completing a thesis, it ended with a complete thesis.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Sporadic

London calls. Will be doing public transport in the directions of Streatham thence Holloway this weekend. Feels like an age and a half since I last ventured into the capital. Is in fact 10 months. I wonder if much has changed since then... Quite looking forward to seeing this. Beyond that, no specific plans other than to meet with a couple of pals.

*****
Wrote a radio play last weekend, as y' do. Also met a chap from the BBC about making a short PhD-related film for him. All exciting.

*****
Went to bed at 2:30am this morning. Was woken at 6am by a 4 year old for whom the first two hours of the day are about plastic sword fights, playing with toy trucks, watching Power Rangers (featuring the very sexy baddy 'Divatox'... I know, I'm bad) and generally beginning his day of educating the masses as only he knows how - 'Er, no Shane, they're not acting - it's real'. Fair to say three and a half hours sleep just isn't enough.

*****
Oh, and I'm looking forward to the new football season, as I imagine are these three bloggers: 1, 2, 3.

*****
I love... the Oasis song 'The Importance of Being Idle'.